1. What Personal Information We Collect. We collect information when you visit our website, or when you place an order through us or our franchisees. The information we collect includes name, title, email, phone number, mailing address, fax address, information to provide our services, such as date of birth, delivery instructions and schedule, payment method and information, any credit we offer, veteran status, allergies, medical conditions affecting your diet, and dietary needs, and how you heard of us. We also collect information you provide such as satisfaction information and opinions. If you provide us with the information of another person, you must have their consent. For how we collect and use technological information, see section 3.
2. How We Use and Disclose Personal Information. We use personal and other information to provide our services, and to operate our business and assist our franchisees in running theirs’, including product inventory, invoices, sales, products, marketing, and analytics. We use information to operate our Site, to facilitate purchases, including delivery and payment, remember preferences, accommodate needs, personalize our site, provide you with marketing and other correspondence, including by direct mail, email, and telephone, respond to your questions, and to conduct promotional activities and market research. We share information with our related companies or service providers for these purposes. We may also share your information if we enter a business transaction, or for legal reasons.
3. Cookies and How We Collect Information Using Technology. When you visit our site, we collect information using cookies and other technologies. This includes IP address, general/city level location, browser type, the pages visited and how long you stay, which site you arrive from and what site you leave for, the files or links you click, language, and if you clicked on one of our ads. We use this information to understand the use of our Site and our visitors, response to our ads, to improve our Site and ads, and to serve ads both on our Site, and on third party websites. We work with third parties, including Google Analytics, Facebook, and Hotjar to collect this information. You may opt-out of some of these practices by using the opt-out tools we link to in this section. You may also reject cookies.
4. Your Choices. You can opt-out of our commercial email using the unsubscribe tool in those emails. You can also opt-out of some of the analytics and behavioral advertising tools we use by using the links in our Cookies and How We Collect Information Using Technology section.
5. How we Protect Personal Information. We use physical, organizational and technological safeguards to help protect Personal Information. However, no security can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of information.
6. International Transfers of Personal Information. We transfer information to the United States, United Kingdom and other countries. Information processed and stored in other countries may be accessed by governments and law enforcement according to their laws.
7. How to Access and Correct your Personal Information. You can access and request correction of your personal information we hold. If you would like to access your Personal Information held by one of our Franchisees, you must contact that Franchisee.
8. Children and Parents. We do not intend to collect personal information from children.
9. Third Party Websites. While this Site may link to third party sites, we are not responsible for them.
10. Retention of Personal Information. We retain personal information for as long as needed for the purposes for which we process it.
12. How to Contact Us. You may contact us if you have questions or complaints.
1. What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, email address or payment information (“Personal Information”).
We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
• Make a purchase or a payment;
• Contact us, or our Franchisees through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence;
• Agree to receive information from us;
• Apply to become a Franchisee; or
• Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we collect may include:
• When you ask to receive information or updates from us, we may collect your contact information, such as your name, title, email address, phone number, and mailing address;
• If you choose to make a purchase, we collect information to allow us to complete your purchase, such as your name, billing and delivery addresses, and your payment information (such as credit card number and expiry date. We process payment information through a third party service provider. We may allow you to ask to store your payment information to make future purchases more quickly;
• Information regarding your dietary preferences and needs, such as any allergies or medical conditions affecting your diet you have;
• Customer satisfaction info and opinions about products and services;
• Information regarding a relative or contact you wish to have on your file;
• If you apply to become a Franchisee, we collect information to allow us to access your application, such as information to allow us to identify and contact you, how you heard about and your response to us, our brand and opportunity;
• Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
If you provide us with the Personal Information of another person, for example, if you order meals to be delivered to your parent, or you ask us to send them a brochure, you must have that person’s consent to provide us with their information for the reason you give it to us.
2. How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
For example, we may use your Personal Information:
• To operate our Sites in accordance with our terms and conditions.
• To facilitate, complete or confirm, a purchase you choose to make, including facilitating payment for your purchase and delivery.
• To remember you when you return to the Site, including offering you the option of remembering your credit card information and preferences, so that you can check-out more quickly.
• To assist our Franchisees with the storage and processing of the information about their customers, including names and contact information, and to assist with product inventory, invoices, sales, products, marketing, and analytics,
• To accommodate your dietary needs, for example, if you tell us you have an allergy, medical condition or dietary preference that you need us to accommodate.
• To help personalize our Site.
• To help our Franchisees identify their customers.
• If we learn that one of our customers has passed away, we may send a letter of condolence to their family if we have relevant contact information.
• To respond to your questions or inquiries.
• To conduct market research and surveys.
• To conduct promotional activities, including contests.
• To improve our products, services and Sites, including by conducting auditing and analytics.
• To supply you, or a person you request, with requested information on our products and services, such as brochures or menus.
• To send you informational or promotional communications , including through the mail, email, and telephone. For example, if you request a brochure and provide us with your telephone number, you agree that we may call you at that number to address any questions you may have about the service. Similarly, we may send you direct mail or email if you purchase our services, or if you ask to receive our promotional materials.
• To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
• To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
Our Site may allow you to ask us to send a brochure to another person, such as a friend or family member. You may only provide the information of friends or family if you have received permission to provide their information to us. You may only provide email addresses of friends with whom you have had direct voluntary two way communications, and with whom it is reasonable to conclude you have a personal relationship considering shared interests, experiences, opinions and other relevant factors. You may only provide email addresses of family members to whom you are related by marriage, a common-law partnership, or parent-child relationship, and with whom you have had direct voluntary two way communications. The message we send to your friend or family member may indicate that it has been sent on your behalf and may identify you.
We reserve the right to use anonymized data, which does not identify you, for analytical purposes or any other purpose permitted by applicable law.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party, undergo another business transaction such as a reorganization, or should any such transaction be proposed.
We may also use your Personal Information, or disclose it to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary or advisable to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property, including the prevention of fraud. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
3. Cookies and How We Collect Information Using Technology
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider.
We may work with third parties to better understand the visitors to our Site, how our Site is used, and to serve advertisements both on our Site, and on third party websites. These third parties may collect information such as how often users visit our Site, what pages they visit and what other sites they used prior to visiting and use the data collected to track and examine the use of the Site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with us and other services. They may use the data collected on the Site to contextualize, serve, and personalize the advertising on other websites. We may also match the Personal Information we hold with the information of third parties such as a website or social media platform, to better serve you with advertising we think may be of interest to you, or to prevent you from seeing our advertisements too often (“Custom Audiences”). We may also share Personal Information to serve advertising to persons we or our suppliers think may be similar to you (“Look Alike Modeling”).
• Facebook, which provides an ability to opt-out of certain targeted advertising at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
• Bing, which offers the ability to personalize the advertising you receive here: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some targeted advertising services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please remember, even if you opt out of targeted advertising on or through these sites and other opt-out sites or services, or by rejecting cookies, you may still see ads from us, however they will not be specifically targeted to you.
Your browser also gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser's performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our Site. It is also important to note that in most cases opting out drops an “opt-out cookie” on your browser. As a result, if you delete cookies or use a different computer or browser, you’ll need to renew your opt-out choices.
Currently, our website is not set up to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. However, you may opt out of certain of the online tracking and advertising practices on our Site by using the links provided above.
4. Your Choices
If you receive commercial email from us, you may opt-out by using the ‘unsubscribe’ tool at the bottom of such messages. Please note that if you receive information from one of our Franchisees directly, you will need to use any unsubscribe mechanism provided by that Franchisee. We may continue to send you notices or transactional messages where required or permitted to do so by applicable law.
For information on how to opt-out of some of the analytics and behavioral advertising tools we use, please see Cookies and How We Collect Information Using Technology above.
5. How we Protect Personal Information
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of information you provide to us.
6. International Transfers of Personal Information
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, and the United Kingdom, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
7. How to Access and Correct your Personal Information
If you are an online customer, you may update some of the information associated with your account, such as your contact information, through your account settings.
You also have a right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you, and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Heart to Homes Meals and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before we allow you to access your Personal Information.
If you would like to access your Personal Information that is in the possession of one of our Franchisees, you must contact that Franchisee directly.
8. Children and Parents
Heart to Homes Meals does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child under 16 has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
9. Third Party Websites
10. Retention of Personal Information. We retain personal information for as long as needed for the purposes for which we process it, as permitted by applicable law. We may also retain personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a reasonable period of time.
12. How to Contact Us
• access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted; or
• submit a complaint, or
Please advise us by contacting our Marketing Director by writing to [email protected].